What is ARMHS?
Adult Rehabilitative Mental Health Services, or ARMHS, enable the recipient to develop and enhance psychiatric stability, social competencies, personal and independent living and community skills when these abilities are impaired by the symptoms of a mental illness. ARMHS is currently being offered via Telehealth.
ARMHS is available for those who are diagnosed with a mental illness and who have impaired functioning in three or more areas. Additionally, recipients of ARMHS must be on Medical Assistance or a like insurance plan and must live in or near the six county metro areas: Carver County, Dakota County, Hennepin County, Ramsey County, Scott County or Washington County.
What service can ARMHS provide?
BASIC LIVING & SOCIAL SKILLS:
- Interpersonal Communication
- Community Resource Utilization
- Relapse Prevention
- Budgeting and Shopping Skills
- Healthy Lifestyle Choices
- Cooking and Nutrition Skills
- Medication Monitoring Sills
- Behavior Tailoring
- Mental Illness Symptom Management
- Household Management Skills
- Calendar Skills
- Daily Structure and Time Management
- Behavioral Anti-depressants
- Parenting Skills
- Transition to Community Living Skills
ARMHS is NOT…
- Transportation to appointments
- Housekeeping services
- PCA services
- Case Management
- Does not administer medication
What can you expect?
- Skill development areas are generalized to a home-based environment
- Our practitioners meet with consumers in the consumer’s own home, community based placement or foster care setting up to three times each week
- We specialize in identifying the needs of those with mental illness in order to use an evidence based practice called Illness Management and Recovery to teach skills and offer support
- Practitioners send our updates to the consumer’s team on a monthly and quarterly basis
- A client-centered treatment approach that utilizes the consumer’s interests to motivate positive change in order to assist them in reaching their vision of recovery
Services are being held
- in person,
- the person’s home,
- or a hybrid of both.
(clients must adhere to our company’s Covid safety protocols in order to receive in person services)
Must have Medical Assistance or PMAP.